To keep your wig clean, you should take note of the following:
- Wigs produced from artificial hair require washing after having been worn for about 2 weeks usually.
- Before washing, make sure that there aren’t any knots left in the hair of the wig, if there are, remove them with a wide toothed wig brush.
- Wigs should be washed in lukewarm water by carefully moving them around the water for some minutes, using wig shampoo as a detergent.
- Avoid rubbing the hair while doing so.
- Thereafter, all detergent has to be flushed out of your wig by rinsing them in clear, lukewarm water.
- Then, you have to remove the moisture by letting the water drip off and after that, tapping your wig on a hand towel several times.
- Finally, your wig can be left laying to completely dry.
To keep your your wig in form, the following should be observed:
- It is advisable to brush the hair on a regular basis, using a wide toothed comb for doing so. Never brush your wig when it is moist.
- Ideally, brushing should start at the ends of the hair, working your way upwards.
- Special wigs like afro wigs should be styled with fingers only.
- To renew the look of the synthtetic hair, silicone spray might be helpful.
- To fix the hair in place, special wig mousse might be used.
Things to avoid are:
- Getting your wigs near to any source of heat, as this will damage or melt the artificial hair.
- This also includes washing your wig in very hot water, as this wil lalso be harmful ot your wig.
- Try not to use any care products that weren’t explicitly cleared for use on wigs.
- Concerning the storage of your wig, try not to store them laying flat, but use special heads made for this application.
- It is not advisable to dry your wig if wet by wringing or twisting, otherwise the hair will be damaged.
- Last but not least, it is important to avoid brushing your wig when it’s wet.
There may be other issues that require a certain amount of caution, please refer to the product that surely came along with your wig.